The Good NOs of Dispensing
In our program, we say NO to a lot of things that will make you happy and ensure an easy and successful prescription medication dispensing program in your practice.
• No opiates or controlled substances
• No counting pills
• No compounds — all medications have a single NDC code
• No up-front service fees
• No termination fees
• No significant space requirements (usually a lockable cupboard with available space about the size of a shoebox is sufficient)
• No minimum volumes to order
• No selling — you are just filling your own prescriptions in house the same way a retail pharmacy does, you are not selling medications
• No sense of being "stranded" — we are always very service-oriented and eager to help!
• No dispensing products that are not appealing to you — only dispense what you want to prescribe